By: Larry Keigwin
What? Really? Opening night is just one week away and with two world premieres, you can guess I’m not sleeping much.
I love putting the final touches on the dance, it really is the icing on the cake. This past weekend we had a sneak preview of 12 Chairs in Minneapolis at the new Cowles Center for Dance & the Performing Arts, where we had the chance to add those final ingredients — costumes, lights, action, and attitude. We loved test driving the work for the fantastic audiences in Minnesota and can’t wait to share it with you next week. I couldn’t be happier with how the new dances have developed and the company has never looked better.
Here are five more fabulous reasons to join us at The Joyce Theater next week on June 12-17th.
1. Be the first to see 2 World Premieres.
2. Listen to two completely new pieces of music, one by Jonathan Pratt and one by Adam Crystal.
2. Watch 12 incredible dancers strutting their stuff.
4. Because it’s summer and it’s a night out. (P.S. It’s only one hour long, no intermission, and it’s air-conditioned).
5. Be a part of the discussion – have a thought provoking conversation with your friends, share your opinions, What did you like? What didn’t you like? What did it mean and how did you feel?
There’s a seat waiting for you at the Joyce….
SLEEP CAN WAIT…GET YOUR TICKETS TODAY!
pics by Whitney Browne and Matthew Murphy